As you may you know, I have an account with Flickr but some of you may not be aware that I have created groups. One of the groups that I’ve created is iPhoneography New York. At the time of creating this group, I had noticed there wasn’t a group dedicated to images captured of New York with the iPhone.
Preposterous! -I know, right? Well, it’s true. There were groups for other locations, and I thought there should definitely be one for New York.
And hence, the creation of this group, iPhoneography New York. Currently, there are a few members, and I suspect the number of members will grow when the word gets out. I haven’t done much in publicizing it. I figured that people will seek it out and find it, which is probably how the group now has more than 1 member.
I honestly believe this could be a great group. A group with huge number of members who are sharing great photos of New York captured with the iPhone. Of course, you have to sign up to Flickr in order to join. If you don’t have a Flickr account, you should consider getting one. It’s free to sign up. You can upload your images for free. For more information about signing up for a free account with Flickr, visit their website. Once you’re signed up, come and join the iPhoneography New York group and share your amazing iPhone shots of New York.
The group has some simple rules that must be adhered to:
- All photos regarding New York, which may include New York State, New York City, other cities in NYS, or views of NYC from New Jersey, etc.
- Photos must be taken and processed using the iPhone and iPhone apps only.
- You don’t have to be a native New Yorker to be a member, as long as you have photos of New York taken with your iPhone that you want to share, you are welcome to join and add some great images to the pool.
- All photos are moderated. Photos that do not comply with the rules shall be removed.
- Photos submitted must indicate that it was taken with an iPhone (EXIF data) and must be tagged with location unless the submitted photo has evidence of being taken in New York.